Private Attorney General Act of 2004 (PAGA)

Private Attorney General Act of 2004 (PAGA) Lawyer in Claremont

Serving Clients Throughout Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, & Counties across California 

“In California, the Private Attorney General Act of 2004 (“PAGA”) authorizes aggrieved employees to file lawsuits to recover civil penalties on behalf of themselves, other “aggrieved” employees, and the State of California for an employer’s Labor Code violations. The aggrieved employees generally retain 25% of any civil penalty recovered and the remaining 75% goes to the California Labor and Workforce Development Agency (“LWDA”). Additionally, the aggrieved employee may bring separate claims for penalties the are directly recoverable. A PAGA claim allows an employee to sue their employer on behalf of the State of California to enforce certain labor code violations as it applies to the employee and other aggrieved employees. An employee who prevails on a PAGA claim could recover attorney’s fees and costs in addition to the penalties as they apply to each employee. The exposure of an employer on PAGA claims are quite significant."

Skilled Attorney Serving Clients in Claremont and Throughout Southern California

If you are a victim of unlawful treatment in your workplace, our dedicated team at the Law Office of Scott Ernest Wheeler is here for you. Our lawyer has over 25 years of experience and personally understands what you are going through. You may be entitled to compensation and other forms of relief, but you must act quickly. Depending on the circumstances, you will only have a very limited amount of time to bring a claim against your employer. We are prepared to assist you with cases involving wage and overtime disputes, sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, whistleblower protection, non-compete agreements, severance agreements, and Private Attorney General Act of 2004 (PAGA) actions. You will receive direct attention from our attorney, who will do everything possible to secure a just outcome.

Call (800) 893-0584 to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español.

Client Testimonials

"An excellent attorney that delivered an excellent outcome."

- Randy H.

Why Hire Our Firm?

What you can expect when you hire The Law Office of Scott Ernest Wheeler:
  • Personalized Attention to Your Case
  • Responsive Communication & Guidance
  • Professional & Courteous Legal Team
  • Over 25 Years of Experience on Your Side
  • Direct Attention from an Attorney

Request a Free Consultation

Contact a knowledgeable California employment lawyer

Contact us online or call (800) 893-0584 to learn more about our employment law services in Claremont. We also serve clients in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, and Orange Counties.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.